Thursday, February 9, 2012

trust

"God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted." - Matthew 5:4

Today's reading from Jesus Calling:
Seek My face more and more.  You are really just beginning your journey of intimacy with Me.  It is not an easy road, but it is a delightful and privileged way: a treasure hunt.  I am the Treasure, and the Glory of My Presence glistens and shimmers along the way.  Hardships are part of the journey too.  I mete them out ever so carefully, in just the right dosage, with a tenderness you can hardly imagine.  Do not recoil from afflictions, since they are among My most favored gifts.  Trust Me and don't be afraid, for i am your Strength and Song.

Isaiah 12:2  "See, God has come to save me.  I will trust in him and not be afraid.  The LORD GOD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory."

Today's picture...
I found a couple folders of pictures that were 'hidden', revealing some amazing memories.  This picture is of Joe and Wesley when Wes was 18 days old.  Joe and I had been dating less than a year, but you can tell in this picture how he was already such an integral part of my life and family.  This wasn't just a posed picture, either - he would often sit and cuddle with Wes.  There are so many pictures of the two of them, I think I'm going to make Wesley a memory book.  This picture also shows a glimpse of what a wonderful dad Joe would have been - and it makes me sad that our little girl will never get to be held be him.

I found another picture in this 'hidden' folder that I just have to share - Joe loved this one of Madi.

Have a great day and don't forget to be thankful and give your worries up to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment