Monday, February 20, 2012

Post 51

Today was a nice day - spent the afternoon with my mom, sisters, and Andrea.  We had a delicious lunch at the Waterfront and some tasty ice cream at The Pearl afterwards - very nice!!
Now home for some couch time... My grief and sadness doubles at this time, when I am tired and worn out from a long day... But I do enjoy being alone to let it all out.  I really like being home too - it comforts me to be in our home.
Today's picture is from August 6, 2010, the day after we got engaged... Sitting at our favorite booth at our favorite little cafe, Del's, in Saint Charles.  We had many meals there, usually feeling like outcasts, since most of the patrons were over the age of 80, sitting alone, drinking coffee and reading the paper; however, we enjoyed our trips to the little joint.  I miss his hands.........
Why do we worry about little things in life?  The little things don't matter?  What matters is our salvation and eternity... Luke 10: 41-42 - "but the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details (she was upset that she was doing all of the cooking and her sister was sitting with Jesus)!  There is only one thing worth being concerned about.  Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her."

No comments:

Post a Comment