Monday, February 6, 2012

How Do I Do It?

People wonder how I can be doing as well as I am after losing the love of my life... the reading for today in my "Jesus Calling" devotional tells exactly what I am trying to do to get myself through...

     Come to me and rest.  I am all about you, to bless and restore.  Breathe Me in with each breath.    The way just ahead of you is very steep.  Slow down and cling tightly to My hand.  I am teaching you a difficult lesson, learned only by hardship.
     Lift up empty hands of faith to receive My precious Presence.  Light, Life, Joy, and Peace flow freely through this gift.  When your focus turns away from Me, you grasp for other things.  You drop the glowing gift of My Presence as you reach for lifeless ashes.  Return to Me; regain My Presence.

1 comment:

  1. I love the tenderness and love, mixed with His knowledge of everything, that is so real when we imagine Jesus saying "the way just ahead of you is very steep" i imagine Him saying it in a gentle, just-loud-enough-to-hear, but stong, whisper. I love how He definately blessed you protected you, and prepared you as He gripped your hand in the season before and during Joe's passing, and now. He adores you, and His joy is made complete because you are accepting His love, loving Him back and trusting Him for each step. my heart is both heavy with sadness and heavy with adoration for Him. Bless you my sweet sister

    ReplyDelete