Monday, February 6, 2012

are you ready to play the Feud?

John 12:44-50
This is shortly before Jesus' crucifixion...
Jesus shouted to the crowds, "If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me.  For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me.  I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.  I will not judge those who hear me but don't obey me, for I have come to save the world and not to judge it.  But all who reject me and my message will be judged on the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken.  I don't speak on my own authority.  The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it.  And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say."

Today's picture is from January 2, 2011 - we were in the cities spending a few more moments with Megan, before she flew back to Virginia after a New Year and birthday visit.  I believe we were eating at Ruby Tuesday's - or somewhere in the Mall of America.  Yes, it does look like Joe is wearing his wedding band, but, how many of you knew he had an engagement ring too?  When we went to the Dells in October 2010, I bought him a cheap little band so he could show that he was engaged too - why should only I get to show it off?  And he actually wore it!  I'm not sure where it is now, hopefully it will turn  up, but no biggy if it doesn't.  It was his practice ring, so he could start getting used to wearing a real ring.  Isn't he handsome?  I could never believe that I had someone so handsome as him... his eyes, his crooked nose, the scar on his eyelid, and I really loved when he would let his beard grow out like he did recently.  We had one year and 11 days together after this date.  If we would have known our future, I'm pretty sure we would have said that we should make sure we get married and pregnant before that tragic day.  I am thankful for having everything I could have asked for.  If I knew I was going to be living without him, I would have definitely wanted to be able to call myself his wife, live in the house we bought and fixed up together, drive his Jeep, and carry/parent our child.  Everything I do I still consider what Joe would have wanted - or what we talked about doing... little things like tearing down a cabinet in the laundry room and which diaper bag to buy... I would love to keep the kitchen clean like he would want it, but that has always been a struggle of mine.

1 comment:

  1. I love the sentiment about if you would have known your future, you'd have chosen to be married and pregnant before the tragic day. Quickly reminded me that Jesus did know, and gave you the desires of your heart.

    ReplyDelete