Saturday, February 4, 2012

growing old

I just wanted to share another picture today (leaving the hotel after the wedding on the start of our honeymoon), because I'm really in a missing mood... I got more cards from the funeral home today, and more information from the organ and tissue donation organization, and my wounds were immediately reopened.  oh, what a wonderful life we could have had...
One song during our wedding was "Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler.
We really wanted to grow old together...

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you
Feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you

I am so, so, so very broken - but, as I know from Psalm 34:18, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, he rescues those whose spirits are crushed," and Psalm 147:3, "He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds." ... and, faith doesn't make things easy, it makes them possible..... this isn't easy at all.

1 comment:

  1. your wedding and that song during it was a treasure. I remember laughing through tears. what a special day that was. Joe was so proud to be the groom. and so proud that you were becoming his wife. I am so sorry things didn't work out the way you had hoped and planned. I am so glad you are close to God, with whom, all things are possible. love u

    ReplyDelete