Friday, February 10, 2012

TGIF

Today, God is First

Today's picture...
Summer 2010
We had an amazing date and boated up the Mississippi from Buffalo City to Wabasha to eat at Slippery's - something I always wanted to do... This is one of the many wishes he gave me in our time together.  Although it looks like a nice day in this picture, the ride wasn't very nice - it was really windy, so the water was very rough.  And besides the extreme abundance of gnats flying around the entire porch of the restaurant, it was a fun trip.  I'm so very thankful that I got to spend the best five and a half years of my life with him and that I get to raise our child.  I have her first name picked out, but still working on the middle.  I also updated our registry on Babies R Us yesterday, again, although I could be making all of the decisions on my own, I am making them with Joe in mind - I want everything in our (me and Sweet Pea) life to reflect him and his style.

Life is hard, but Philippians 4:13 reminds me, 
"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

If anyone is interested in working on letting God assist you in your hurts, habits, or hang-ups and would like to go to Celebrate Recovery with me tonight, let me know - free delicious dinner included!  It is amazing - I long for it each week, and this will only be my 3rd time going.

1 comment:

  1. I have been wondering what you would name her...if you and Joe had talked about names before or not. I cannot wait to find out what you (and Joe) decided on!

    ReplyDelete