Thursday, February 2, 2012

had it all and lost it.

the loss of his devoted love and support jolts me.
loneliness is a choice - in recovery and in Christ I never have to walk alone.
getting through the valley is extremely difficult, but it is not impossible.
the vehicle I am going to use to take on my trip through the valley is
Psalm 23, and I will fuel it with prayer.
"The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever."

Sweet Pea is moving around a lot this morning, oh, what a blessing she will be (already is, I should say).  Last night and this morning were a little rough, but to be expected... since I had it all and lost it.  But oh wow, all of the wonderful memories.  We had such a great life together, and I get the privilege to raise our daughter. Wow - amazing.  Many of these great memories come from our honeymoon, and I am going to share another picture from that today.  Our trip to Lambeau Field together. Of course a true Cheesehead couple would spend the first day of their honeymoon here... He absolutely loved this, and I am so glad that I have the memories we made there that day - really cool.  This picture is from the stadium tour we went on... Someone saw us taking only self portraits and not getting a really good shot, and offered to take a picture of us - something else I am very thankful for.  We also went through the Hall of Fame, and I will share a picture of that another time, and got to go into one  of the box seat areas - we had dreams of going back again, but I'm thankful for the one trip we got together.  Sweet Pea and I will visit again when she is big enough :-) (like 5ish months when next season starts - ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment