Tuesday, February 21, 2012

trust and thankfulness

December 2009 | Church Ave Apt in St. Charles | This was our 2009 Christmas Card photo - my short hair - yowch!  Joe was sweet for letting me put together Christmas cards and send them out, it was a little silly, being a non-married couple with no children, but he did it because he knew it made me happy - the reason he did most of the things he did during our time together.  He often had to take the self portraits of us too, for whatever reason he could always get a better shot of us than I could.  I was so lucky.

Trust and thankfulness - two things difficult for me right now...
Today's reading from Jesus Calling:
Trust and thankfulness will get you safely through this day.  Trust protects you from worrying and obsessing.  Thankfulness keeps you from criticizing and complaining: those "sister sings" that so easily entangle you. 
Keeping your eyes on Me is the same thing as trusting Me.  It is a free choice that you must make thousands of times daily.  The more you choose to trust Me, the easier it becomes.  Thought patterns of trust become etched into your brain.  Relegate troubles to the periphery of your mind, so that I can be central in your thoughts.  thus you focus on Me, entrusting your concerns into My care.
Colossians 2:6-7
And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him.  Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him.  Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, ad you will overflow with thankfulness.
1 Peter 5:7
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

I invite you to a praise and worship night this Thursday from 7 to 8:30 at PV - even if you come at 8:20, you will get a lot out of it - or if you can come at 7 only for a few moments - or any time in between.  It will be a great night... informal, come and go, all ages.  I definitely look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment