Sunday, February 26, 2012

the red carpet

 OK, so it isn't the red carpet - it is the red Jeep - but it was our red carpet.  Yes, I still have it, yes I am going to keep it - until it drops - which is going to be a long time.  Heck, Sweet Pea may learn to drive in it!  Wouldn't that be awesome?  Wes has already asked me if he can drive it when he gets older too.  I had a great time learning to drive it (it is a manual) one winter when we were in Lewiston (making it that far (from St. Charles) wasn't that difficult) when we got a call from a friend that needed something in Winona.  Joe looked at me and said, "You ready to drive it to and around in Winona?"  Well, I had to be... It was fun, I loved it, and I still do.  He was a great teacher too - it helped that I had already had a little teaching from both my dad and Bob, but Joe awarded me my degree in stick-shiftology.  He obviously didn't enjoy it when I killed it, or was grinding it in reverse, but he always had a crooked smile on his face and gave a little chuckle.  Once the weather gets nicer (the heat doesn't work that great) I will drive it - give me a wave if you see it around town!  This morning I met a truck pulling 3 snowmobiles on a trailer, yep I cried.  At lunch we sat near a young couple with a baby, not a big deal until the dad ran outside to the car to get something for the baby - yep, I got a little sad.  Being tired from having this child growing in me induces my sadness also.  When I am full of spunk and energy, it takes a memory to get me sad - but when I am drained and tired, I'm swimming in sadness.  But, I have the knowledge and tools to get myself out of it.  thankfully

We began a new series at church today, called Countdown - we are approaching Easter...
We read from Mark, when Jesus is transfigured - he became on the outside what he already was on the inside, similar to a caterpillar finally evolving into the butterfly it was born to be.

This is deep, prepare yourself: 
"Don't copy the behavior and customs of the world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."  Romans 12:2
If that is hard for you to read, believe, and want to do, your feeling is normal - it is hard for us to not conform to the worldly behaviors around us, but what is truly important in life?  What the world thinks of us or what God thinks of us?  Remember, at some point, we will leave the world - or, the world may leave us; however, God will never leave us and we will never leave God.

Maybe you still have a veil over your eyes, obstructing your view of God and what this life is really about?
"All of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord.  And the Lord - who is the Spirit - makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image."  2 Corinthians 3:18

"Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets.  And now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son.  God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he created the universe.  The Son radiates God's own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command.  When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven."  Hebrews 1:1-3

last words are lasting words, so I leave you with today's reading from Jesus Calling:

I am leading you, step by step, through your life.  Hold My hand in trusting dependence, letting Me guide you through this day.  Your future looks uncertain and feels flimsy - even precarious.  That is how it should be.  Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things.  When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping at things that are Mine.  This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion: doubting My promises to care for you.
Whenever you find yourself worrying about the future, repent and return to Me.  I will show you the next step forward, and the one after that, and the one after that.  Relax and enjoy the journey in My Presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment