Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Strong Enough

Two days worth of devotional readings from Jesus Calling for you today:

     Give yourself fully to the adventure of today.  Walk boldly along the path of Life, relying on your ever-present Companion.  You have every reason to be confident, because My Presence accompanies you all the days of your life - and onward into eternity.  
     Do not give in to fear or worry, those robbers of abundant living.  Trust Me enough to face problems as they come, rather than trying to anticipate them.  Fix your eyes on Me, the Author and Perfecter of your faith, and many difficulties on the road ahead will vanish before you reach them.  Whenever you start to feel afraid, remember that I am holding you by your right hand.  Nothing can separate you from My Presence!

     Come to Me with all your weaknesses: physical, emotional, and spiritual.  Rest of the comfort in My Presence, remembering that nothing is impossible with Me.
     Pry your mind away from your problems so you can focus your attention on Me.  Recall that I am able to do immeasurably more than all you ask or imagine.  Instead of trying to direct Me to do this and that, seek to attune yourself to what I am already doing. 
     When anxiety attempts to wedge its way into your thoughts, remind yourself that I am your Shepherd.  The bottom line is that I am taking care of you; therefore, you needn't be afraid of anything.  Rather than trying to maintain control over your life, abandon yourself to My will.  Though this may feel frightening - even dangerous, the safest place to be is in My will.

I would like to again share Psalm 23
"The Lord is my shepherd, I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows, he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.  
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever."

Today's picture....

He caught the garter at Mike & Mindy's wedding! | April 2008 | Riverport Inn | He was very excited, and we had a fun night that, of course, ended with karaoke!  Each day I get the woah, what? how did this happen? huh, really?! feeling.. that feeling is almost getting larger, more painful.  I don't lay around sobbing though, because I choose not to - Joe hated it when I cried, and if you read the readings above, you can see that God is by my side and I truly believe it, and can "feel" him carrying me along.  I miss the love of my life, but I am still living and have a large beautiful job of raising our child.  Sweet Pea sat on a nerve or something today and I got lightheaded and had to quit the craft I was doing with the kids and lay down for a while - then I was SUPER tired the rest of the day too.. Today's fact: she may be able to hear my voice now!!

I want to share a song with you tonight too...
"Strong Enough" by Matthew West
You must  
     You must think I'm strong  
         To give me what I'm going through
Well, forgive me  
     Forgive me if I'm wrong  
         But this looks like more than I can do On my own
I know I'm not strong enough to be everything that I'm supposed to be 
     I give up  
         I'm not strong enough  
               Hands of mercy won't you cover me 
Lord right now I'm asking you to be  
     Strong enough  
         Strong enough  
              For the both of us
Well, maybe  
     Maybe that's the point  
         To reach the point of giving up
Cause when I'm finally 
     Finally at rock bottom  
         Well, that's when I start looking up  
               And reaching out
I know I'm not strong enough to be Everything that I'm supposed to be  
     I give up  
         I'm not strong enough  
              Hands of mercy won't you cover me  
Lord right now I'm asking you to be  
     Strong enough 
         Strong enough
Cause I'm broken  
     Down to nothing 
           But I'm still holding on to the one thing 
                You are God and you are strong 
                       When I am weak
I can do all things 
      Through Christ who gives me strength 
         And I don't have to be  
                Strong enough 
                      Strong enough
I can do all things 
     Through Christ who gives me strength 
         And I don't have to be 
                 Strong enough 
                      Strong enough
Oh, yeah
I know I'm not strong enough to be  
     Everything that I'm supposed to be 
         I give up 
              I'm not strong enough  
                    Hands of mercy won't you cover me 
Lord right now I'm asking you to be Strong enough 
Strong enough 
Strong enough

No comments:

Post a Comment