Tuesday, February 7, 2012

baby - 101 days

(give or take a few) Now that she is more mobile, and the books say her eyes can open and her hearing is getting sharpened, we are creating a sweet bond more and more every day.

Well, I didn't sleep very well last night... and the day is starting off rough.  I just really, really, really miss my sweetheart.  I feel like part of me is gone, and at times, I feel so lost without him.  He really was my everything.  Yesterday morning when Cindy got here, and I was still in bed and I heard her keys in the door, for a moment, I imagined it was Joe coming home... I know he is not, but I was just imagining, dreaming... And then this morning when we were sitting at the table for our morning TAG (time alone with God), I imagined Joe waking up and walking out of the bedroom, giving me the eye, and a great big hug and kiss.  Life cannot be taken for granted... as much as we would like to think and believe we do, we are not in charge of the plans of this world and our life.  Even though we have the best intentions and may plan for steak and baked potatoes for supper, it may turn out that we are not coming back home to cook a romantic meal for our spouse.  I'm so glad that I have no regrets about not having said "I love you," or being in a fight ... We ALWAYS told each other we loved each other, even when I would hang up on him because I freaked out, he would call me back and we would 'make up'.  He knew how I felt, and I know how he felt.  Our last words to each other were "I love you" (and probably "I love you more" ... "I love you most" ...).  I hope you have the same type of interactions with ALL of your loved ones.

Today's picture ...
Just us, being goofy at the Studer Christmas, 2010.  This was the real jomanda, when no one was looking (sometimes even when people were looking) - acting like complete morons and loving it... Sometimes I like to feel sorry for myself, wondering, "who can I act like a complete moron with now?" but... my family has that covered - hahaha!  No, really, I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, close family - life would be much, much harder if I didn't have them so close (at heart and proximity).

Today's scripture to think about and reflect on...
John 13: 34-35 "So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other.  Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.  Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."
John 14: 1-4 "Don't let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God, and trust also in me.  There is more than enough room in my Father's home.  If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?  When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.  And you know the way to where I am going."
John 14:27 "I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart.  And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So don't be troubled or afraid."

Afraid you are not worthy of God's gifts because you do not know him yet?
John 17:20 "I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message." 
 
And one for me, and any other preggo ladies out there...
John 16:21 "It will be like a woman suffering the pains of labor.  When her child is born, her anguish gives way to joy because she has brought a new baby into the world."
boo to the pain, yay for the joy!

I feel compelled for one last statement for today - If you are not a believer, or are seeking or struggling with the truth, I feel like you may be thinking ... "This is all fine and dandy, but how does God let all the horrible things happen in the world?"  I will say that God does either cause or allow all things to happen in this world, and will use everything for good in those that love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).  He created a perfect world, which included creating us with the free will to make decisions, which leads to disobedience, creating sin.  This is presented to us first with Adam and Eve - he created Adam perfectly, and then created Eve to be his perfect helpmeet - the clincher? They had minds of their own - hence the eating of the apple, the first sin...

No comments:

Post a Comment