Sunday, February 19, 2012

Three Months to Baby!

Happy Birthday to my mom today!!
Today marks 3 months to Sweet Pea's due date!!
She made me a little light headed this morning, again like the day I was making crafts with the kiddos at my mom's house ... but we made it through. :-)

Love
Do you have love in your life?  Where does this love come from?  Who or what fills up your love tank?  Does your love tank ever get empty and leave you feeling bitter, annoyed, and spouting out at people?  I'm sure you have heard that Jesus loves you, but did you know that God loves you - and that he loves you just as much as he loves his one and only son, Jesus?  Yep - he does.  In John 17:23 Jesus tells us, "May they (us) experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you (God) sent me and that you (God) love them (us) as much as you (God) love me." 
In 1 John 4: 7-21, John the Apostle tells us how and why to love one another. 
1 John 4:7
Who should we love? "Dear friends, let us continue to love on another"  Where does love come from?  "for love comes from God."  Who loves?  "Anyone who loves is a child of God"  What does that show?  "and knows God."
1 John 4:8
What if I don't love?  What if I don't know God?  "But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love."
1 John 4:9
Has God showed me love?  "God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world"  Why would he do that?  "so that we might have eternal life through him."
1 John 4:10
"This is real love - not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son"  Why did he send him?  "as a sacrifice to take away our sins."
1 John 4:11
What does this mean for me?  "Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other."
1 John 4:12
But I've never seen God, how can I believe?  "No one has ever seen God.  But if we love each other, God lives in us"  How do I show love?  "and his love is brought to full expression in us."
1 John 4:13
Is there proof?  "And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us."
1 John 4:14
"Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world."
1 John 4:15
How do I get to have God and the Spirit in me?  "All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God."
1 John 4:16
What is the point of this?   "We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love.  God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them."
1 John 4:17
How do I get better at loving?  "And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect."  Why does this help me?  "So we will not be afraid on the day of judgement, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world."
1 John 4:18
If I am filled with God's love, why am I still afraid of life?  "Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear.  If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment"  What does this show?  "and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love."
1 John 4:19
Why, again, do we love each other?  "We love each other because he loved us first."
1 John 4:20
How do I know if people truly have God in them and show His love?  "If someone says, "I love God," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar;"  How can I call them a liar?  "for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see?"
1 John 4:21
Has God commanded us to do this, or is it just a suggestion for good living?  "And he has given us this command:  Those who love God must also love their Christian brothers and sisters."

Today's picture of love:
This is a Honeymoon picture - sitting on the back porch of our cabin facing Lake Michigan out one window and Green Bay out the other, with "Death's Door" straight ahead... Look it up, pretty interesting - we had fun reading about the history and how it got that name.  Our cabin was literally at the tip of the peninsula - right at the end of Highway 42, in Northport (see the pink heart on the picture below).  Like I've said before, we had a fabulous time, and this picture shows how happy we were and the love that we shared.  I miss my Joe every minute of every day and love to smell his dirty work clothes that I haven't washed yet -

No comments:

Post a Comment