Tuesday, February 7, 2012

peace in HIS presence

thoughts to end the day ...

Wow, this Jesus Calling devo is so right-on... Here is today's entry.
     Come to Me for rest and refreshment.  The journey has been too much for you (yes sir!), and you are bone-weary.  Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion. (thank you)  Instead, see it as an opportunity for Me to take charge of your life. (uh-oh, I thought I was in charge??)  
     Remember that I can fit everything into a pattern for good, including the things you wish were different. (this is a hard one to trust in)  Start with where you are at this point in time and space, accepting that this is where I intend you to be. (again, hard to believe, but refreshing)  You will get through today one step, one moment at a time.  Your main responsibility is to remain attentive to Me, letting Me guide you through the many choices on your pathway. (I remind myself and pray about this each morning)
     This sounds like an easy assignment, but it is not.  Your desire to live in My Presence goes against the grain of "the world, the flesh, and the devil." (isn't that the truth! what will you all think of me?) Much of your weariness results from your constant battle against these opponents.  However, you are on the path of My choosing, so do not give up!  Hope in Me, for you will again praise Me for the help of My Presence. (AMEN!)

A verse describing why I have to run to God:
"My good days are in the past.  My hopes have disappeared.  My heart's desires are broken." Job 17:11 TLB
A Psalm describing me:
"They cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.  He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains."  Psalm 107:13-14 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment