Wednesday, February 1, 2012

the first month he never got to see

As I sit here in Joe's chair with Sweet Pea stretching and rolling around, I realize that today starts the first month that Joe never got to see, and that will mark my first whole month without him.  People say that soon the smiles will come before tears - well, little do they know that I have already had many smiles.  We had such a great thing together, and setting the agonizing pain of being without him aside, I am very thankful and happy for each moment we were able to share together.

Even though my glasses are crooked, I love this picture - and they are crooked because he was giving me this passionate kiss... This is from our honeymoon, June 2011.  We were on a cold, windy ferry ride from our cabin on the tip of Door County to Washington Island.  Even though the weather was crappy (during most of the honeymoon actually), we had an awesome time. 

Wow, do I miss him... Here today, gone tomorrow - life was so so wonderful... I feel like I am in darkness, but in John 8:12, Jesus says, "I am the light of the world.  If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

No comments:

Post a Comment