Friday, February 3, 2012

dreams

i first need to share one of the amazing things God is doing for me right now... So, vivid dreams are one of the "side effects" of pregnancy... Never did I have a disturbing dream regarding my dad and his death until I was pregnant.  So, guess, who they are about now.  But that doesn't have to be - the last 3 nights I have prayed to God to please, please block out those vivid, disturbing, sad, horrible dreams from my mind, put a helmet on me, shield me - and he has.  I know we always dream but do not always remember - I do not remember!! I am so blessed, and isn't this an amazing power?

I'm going to use a verse today that may be offensive to some, but I am hoping it will make you think... This is from the gospel of John, when Jesus is talking to descendants of Abraham, people that do not believe he is who he is... "Why can't you understand what I am saying?  It's because you can't even hear me!  For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does.  He was a murderer from the beginning.  He has always hated the truth, because there is not truth in him.  When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.  So when I tell the truth, you just naturally don't believe me!" John 8:43-45
Whadd'ya think of them apples?  Do you believe?  Do you believe me and what I am saying about God?

A couple people have told me that some could only wish for a bit of the happiness that Joe and I have had together - wow, that is powerful.  We really were the ultimate team, working for each other... This picture, again, is from our honeymoon.  We got a bottle of wine and glasses as a wedding present, so we decided to use them right away... This picture brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes, thinking about how much fun we {always} had together, and that it will never happen again... So, after we finally found a corkscrew in our cabin, we realized it was a twist-off cap - hahah - but, we still wanted this picture, for fun and memories.

WOW do I miss him.

......... worrying never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only steals today of its strength .........
............ turn your scars into stars .............
.................... God can't steer a parked car .......................
(Schuller, R. (1986). Getting through the going through stage. Thomas Nelson Publishers: Nashville.)

Have a great day - God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. I love following your blog, Manda. I love being your sister by blood and your sister in Christ. I love the quote on the bottom..worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow ..it only steals today of its strength. that is so true and powerful. I love standing strong through Christ with you.

    ReplyDelete