Saturday, February 4, 2012

do you have light?

In John 11: 9 & 10, Jesus tells us "There are twelve hours of daylight every day.  During the day people can walk safely.  They can see because they have the light of this world.  But at night there is danger of stumbling because they have no light."

I can definitely attest to this.  I do MUCH better during the day when the world is lit up by nature... but, as darkness falls, so does my mood.  At times, I stumble at night, getting very sad, feeling sorry for myself.  But then, I remember my other source of light.  God is the true light for me, he lights up my life even during the darkest night.  This especially rang true to me last night, when I was so tired from the world and the darkness of the night, but was immediately re-energized as I praised God at Celebrate Recovery. 

Do you have light even in the darkness?  I'm going to try to share some light today as I go to the visitation of a high school classmate's 3 month old baby. 

Today's picture has a very silly story coming with it.  This was in our first apartment in St. Charles, when we were hanging out with the Hispanic neighbors... They didn't speak much English and we didn't speak much Spanish.  It was just a silly, cultural night for all of us.  For a big portion of the night, Joe and one of the neighbors just stared at each other, for lack of communicative ability.  I don't remember exactly what was going on with the sunglasses in particular in this picture, but I do remember this being from that night.

Have a great day and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment