Tuesday, April 10, 2012

surprise!

 exactly three months ago today, Tuesday January 10, 2012 -
I came home from work (and a teeth cleaning) to the laundry room floor complete!! *woohoo* Bud came over and he and Joe worked till they got the whole thing complete.  Joe was sleeping when I got home, which bummed me out, but he deserved it after putting that floor in today.  Tonight for supper we had fish sandwiches, pasta salad, and of course, a veggie... I forgot to mention that last night, we had chicken cordon blue, mashed potatoes, and a veggie.

There are still remnants of that day in the laundry room and back porch - the leftover tiles and the tools that were used. ... And the veggies for supper - Joe always made sure we had a veggie.  Unless I am having a meal with my family, I don't think I have had a veggie with a meal in almost three months.  He would never have let us have just macaroni & cheese and chips for supper - we would have had peas or corn or something.  I'm having some mac & cheese right now, which reminded me of our first meal together... summer of 2006... Joe was living in an apartment in BC with a friend, and one night he made me mac & cheese - i think, besides pizza, that was all that was in the apartment... there was one clean pot that he made it in, and one clean fork that we ate it with (out of the pot). it was DELICIOUS!

1.17.09  |  The Breakroom- Rochester, MN
Is this picture to embarrassing to have on here?  I don't think so, and it is a night of wonderful memories for me.  My family was in Rochester having supper for Cindy's birthday at Jenpachi.  Afterwards, we went to Whistle Binkies - which I thought was weird, but for some reason everyone wanted to go.  Well lo and behold, Amy, Tom, and Megan were there!  Megan came to town for a surprise visit and everyone knew but me!  I felt really special - even my dad was in on it.  Joe knew too and helped in the planning, what a sweetheart.  He loved my friends like sisters.


In Ezekiel 34:16a, we are told that the Lord says, "I will look for those that are lost, bring back those that wander off, bandage those that are hurt, and heal those that are sick."  That is refreshing, don't you think?  Just like doctors work on the sick, not the healthy - that is the Lord's purpose as well.  God wants to help you - will you let Him?

Sweet Pea has the hiccups right now. again. I can't wait to meet her!  I wonder if she will have the hiccups this much once she is born!!  I had my 34 week appointment yesterday, and we are both right on track for everything.  Our midwife guesses she weighs about 5 pounds right now, but isn't able to tell how long she is.  All we know is that she has long legs!!  Her heart rate was 140 and she kicked while we were listening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment