Friday, April 20, 2012

adoration

July 15, 2011 -> our house
Along with his other nieces and nephew, Wes and Madi adored Joe, and he adored them just as much.  This picture brings a big smile on my face but also two big tears on my cheek as well.  I smile because of the wonderful times he was able to have with the kids, and the great memories that they have - I know that Wesley remembers him well, but I'm not sure if Madi does.  I made Wesley a photo book of pictures of he and Joe for his birthday, and we looked at it together the other day and he loves it.  The first tear comes because they can no longer hang out with their buddy Uncle Joe, and that he isn't going to be here to watch them grow up into the amazing beings they will become.  The second tear comes from Joe's own daughter not knowing what a wonderful person he was - he would have been the best dad (after mine of course), and she and I are not going to be able to experience that.  Yes, there will be people to tell her, but that is not the same as the experience she could have had... <- dreams shattered..... lu & mu joe

Through my pain and healing, I aspire to use what God has given me to help others heal.  I am in no way healed, but with God, I am on my way.  I had a very hard night last night, shedding a lot of tears before falling asleep way too late.  However, since I am slowly able to move on, I am pained when I see others suffering without God, having an incredibly hard time getting through the struggles of life.

Here are some verses to help us in times of need...
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. (Psalm 34:17)
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalm 46:1-3)
Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. (Psalm 61:1-4)
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. (Psalm 145: 18-19)
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11: 28-31)
Can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? If then you are not able to do so small a thing as that, why do you worry about the rest. (Luke 12:25-26)     

Tomorrow's post promises to be amazing (as long as I am not too tired to post) as I will be attending a women's conference tonight and tomorrow with some great speakers and music, focused on "Knowing God".

No comments:

Post a Comment