Wednesday, April 4, 2012

the passion

today was a long, but good, day - so i'm going to try to get through this post quickly without falling asleep.
sweet pea and i started the day with prayer time, volunteering at church, then an afternoon with 3 students- lunch, packing backpacks for the backpack ministry in town, folding baby clothes and bedding - then a meeting with my cr mentor, and finally dinner and "The Passion" with gramma Edith, Cindy, and Bob... phew! time to land now!! yahoo~~
I read from the gospel of Mark this morning, but for today's scripture sharing I will give you the verse of the day from http://www.biblegateway.com
“For by the blood of Christ we are set free, that is, our sins are forgiven. How great is the grace of God,” Ephesians 1:7
This is so fitting for having just watched "The Passion."  I had seen it in the past, but we wanted to watch it again as we are in Holy Week preparing for Easter...  Seeing all that Jesus went through for us - all of us, that were not even born yet - was, well, I'm not sure I have words to describe how it made me feel - thankful, for sure, but that is such a little word...
 10.10.10  |  Peg & Jake's
Joe and I spent many nights at Peg & Jake's house before we moved to Winona - this is how Joe loved waking up.  No matter how early it was or how he felt, he would never turn Madi away.  Here I tried to capture this moment, but she was moving so fast - i'm sure jumping on him.  They both loved this time equally.  she loved waking him up on the couch!  he loved having her wake him up, and i loved watching them interact so sweetly.  Joe was already a great daddy, and I'm so thankful that he got to see our little sweet pea in my womb at our ultrasound, see that she was a girl, and get to feel her move in my belly on Christmas Eve.  I'm so excited to name her! 
~forever my love~

No comments:

Post a Comment