Saturday, April 7, 2012

bacon skillet

three months ago - Saturday, January 7th, 2012.
After sleeping over at Ron & Joette's last night, we will have our last "Cove breakfast" together - our favorite breakfast spot.  We will both probably have a skillet, those are our favorite.  Tomorrow we plan to work on the laundry room floor a bit, so today is going to be a relaxing day.  We are going to lay on the couch and order supper from Sammy's Pizza.  If we would have known ahead of time that it would take about an hour and a half to get to our house, we probably wouldn't have ordered it...

June 18, 2011
I'm probably going to be sharing wedding photos for a while, as I am going through photos from other peoples' cameras - so, if you have any please send them to me.  Here is Joe and his sister Stephanie.  They look like they are having a fun conversation, both of them with a smile on their face.  Joe adored his only sister Stephanie.  Though they lived far apart during his adult life, he always thought of her and wished they could be closer.  He was also very much in love with her children, Grace and Noah.  He treasured every moment spent with each of them.  One time I know he had enjoyed so much is when Noah, Joe, and I went to Alma so they could sled down the bluff.  I dropped the two of them off at the top of the hill, near Buena Vista, then drove down into town to wait for them to appear through the trees.  They both had a blast!  ...miss you joe...

Today I'm going to share scripture regarding how we women should watch ourselves when we are getting dressed for the day! :-)
1 Timothy 2:9-10
"And I want women to be modest in their appearance.  They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pears or expensive clothes.  For women who claim to be devoted to God should make themselves attractive by the good things they do."
... did anyone see Nicki Minaj's outfit on the Today show yesterday??

Tomorrow is Easter - Christ dies on the cross for all of us - for our salvation, that we may be saved from our sins.  He did it for everyone - those gone before us, us today, and those not even born yet (such as my little sweet pea) - so the chains of our sins may be broken and we can live in freedom through Christ and experience the blessings and promises he has for us.

Think about attending a church service - Pleasant Valley is going to be beginning a "Titanic" series, come see the great set that has been built - it is awesome, will really help put us into perspective.  Two identical Easter services are offered tomorrow- one at 9, and one at 10:45.  I, with some of my family, will be at the 10:45.  Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh the tears really poured after reading this post...thanks for posting this wonderful picture and for keeping this blog. It's truly been a blessing for me. I agree about the non-posed pics being so great. The truth be told I think we where talking about how I'd just had a conversation with Shawn and had said (a not so good word) and Shawn was so shocked that I'd said (a not so good word). Basically meaning he'd never heard me swear....hahaha!!!! Joe and I got a good laugh out of that...I think Kev did too! Gosh I loved being around Joe. It was always so easy and comfortable to be near him, never awkward moments of silence as he always gave out such mellow energy.

    ReplyDelete