Wednesday, April 25, 2012

groceries

November 17, 2008  .  Rochester  .  date night
Here we are, in all our glorious happiness.... out for dinner and a movie (and probably groceries - most of our date nights ended like that since we'd rather shop in Rochester than St. Charles).  Surely Sweet Pea will have his lovely cheek bones, right?

I enjoy reading from Joyce Meyer, and for today I'm going to share with you her daily devotional found here.

Yearnings in the Night
by Joyce Meyer - posted April 25, 2012

My soul yearns for You [O Lord] in the night, yes, my spirit within me seeks You earnestly.
—Isaiah 26:9

Nothing can satisfy your longing for God except communion and fellowship with Him. The apostle John wrote, “And the world passes away and disappears, and with it the forbidden cravings (the passionate desires, the lust) of it; but he who does the will of God and carries out His purposes in his life abides (remains) forever” (1 John 2:17).
The world makes it easy for you to fill your ears with all kinds of things that drown out the voice of God and push Him far into the background of your life. However, the day comes for every person when only God remains. Everything else in life eventually passes away; when it does, God will still be there.
Seek God earnestly tonight and He will abide in you.

I really like this devotional, as it describes my life well... Having originally accepted Christ as my Savior in 2001, there were many, many things of the world that I allowed to drown out God's voice and push Him into the background of my life.  Sadly, it took losing my dad and husband, two people I never wanted to live without and thought my life could only be complete with, for me to truly allow God into the center of my life.  Like she says, everything in life eventually passes away - we cannot cling to the things (including humans) of this world for our strength.  What do we then do when we lose them?  We do need fellowship with others, I am not saying don't have any friends, but we have to fully rely on God (ever seen those F.R.O.G. bracelets?), allow Him to fill up our love tanks - He is the only thing in our lives that will last forever. 

Sweet Pea and I have an appointment tomorrow morning - yay!  Group B Strep test and she is also going to check if I have started any dialation or effacing - I'm doubting it, but it will be fun to move into this stage of pregnancy, where I will be going in weekly!

No comments:

Post a Comment