Monday, April 16, 2012

riches

I attended an amazing women's event at church tonight... I owe props to the speaker, Coy Herr, for tonight's blog.  Her talk was exactly what I needed, just a reminder and renewal of my strength from God.... So many of her words could come straight out of my mouth and fit exactly to me.

Philippians 4:6-7 is one verse I center my life around, and Coy explained the two parts tonight...
"6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
When I accepted Christ into my heart I became a new me; however, the anxiety and worry does not go away instantly - it is something that I have to pray about and give to God daily (Philippians 4:6).

I have shared this with you before, but I am okay because of Christ, and because I do what I know I have to do even though I don't always want to.  These things include being in God's word, praying, being with Christian friends, and worshiping God through song.  Being 'okay' does not mean I am necessarily happy, but it does mean that I am at peace (Philippians 4:7).  No matter what hits me, God's grace is sufficient to heal me.  My needs and God's riches are a perfect match.

I was reading a book on keeping your marriage exciting and doing wonderful, creative things for each other.  One was to have little mailboxes and leave each other notes.  I still had this in my mailbox, and now it is on the fridge... how precious.  I am so thankful to God for giving me the sweet sweet husband that I had.
Have I shared this photo yet?  Don't we look young?  We look like high schoolers... This was an outing for my birthday - to think, I was going to turn 25 the next day, and now this year I will be 30.  I love his long messy hair (not mine though) and, of course, his arm around my shoulder - we were so happy and had only known each other a little less than a year and a half.  mu&lu joe.....

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what was in the box you found that day. I am so glad it was waiting there for you.

    ReplyDelete