Saturday, March 24, 2012

yowch

12.31.2011  |  Steph & Frank's Wedding  |  Hayfield, MN
Today Joe's brother Kevin and his wife Cari were here all day and put together the crib, stroller, swing, bouncer, and did some other random but necessary things around the house... We got so much done in preparation for Sweet Pea's arrival, I had to post this family picture today.  This photo is such a treasure to me, and will be for our daughter as well.  Mommy and daddy 'holding' Sweet Pea.  I miss Joe so much, more and more each day.  Thankfully, Kevin and Cari had some videos from the summer of 2010 when we went out on the river... that was the first video I have seen of Joe, and it was much different than looking at pictures.  Seeing him move, smile, the wind blowing through his hair.  yowch, it was difficult. l u joe ...
i'm sad, but not afraid... Isaiah 41:10  "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

Here are photos of some of what was accomplished today:
 our snuggling chair, with our eagles watching over us.
 her resting and changing place.
her personalized mirror that is from grandma edith's childhood home.
Last night I enjoyed an amazing talk on forgiveness - Forgiveness is essential for spiritual health and freedom... it is the only way to stop the pain.  I learned that forgiveness is NOT forgetting ("forgive and forget" is crap ... you may forget, but did you actually forgive?), NOT excusing, and NOT tolerating.  Three questions: Have I accepted God's forgiveness?  Have I forgiven those who have hurt me?  Have I forgiven myself?  Forgiveness doesn't mean the feelings or emotions surrounding the situation are gone, but they won't stop us from growing.  "Do not repay evil for evil.  Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.  If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."  Romans 12:17-18 (NIV)   God knew/knows that it is difficult to forgive - we cannot do it on our own, but God can through us.  Maybe I need to ask God to forgive someone that has hurt me?  I will also pray for them, because they may not know how to live any other way... hurt people hurt people.  i know who i need to work on forgiving, do you?  (last night made me realize i have some forgiveness issues surrounding the two biggest trials of my life)  don't carry it around - they aren't suffering from it, only you are.

see you at PV tomorrow - i'll be at 10:45, but if you wish, you can go to 9:00!!  We are on the countdown to Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment