Friday, March 16, 2012

hopeless end or endless hope?

I'm posting extra tonight after the awesome party I go to on Friday nights at church.

Simply put, life without Christ is a hopeless end; with him it is an endless hope.

I'm quoting the Celebrate Recovery Bible (2007), but I'm not going to put in a formal citation, sorry English teachers - I'm quoting from page 1628, page 2 of the "Hope" devotional.

I'm quoting what I'm quoting because I realized I don't think I ever told you how you could receive the hope, peace, joy, love, etc. from God that I have.

"Hebrews 11:1 defines faith for us: 'Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.'  We can't find salvation through intellectual understanding, monetary gifts, good works or church attendance.  No!  The only way to salvation is described in Romans 10:9: 'If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.'  All we need is a little faith to begin the journey of freedom from our hurts, hang-ups, and habits.  Faith - even faith the size of a tiny mustard seed (see Matthew 17:20 below) - is the only avenue to salvation and freedom.  When we put whatever degree of faith we have in Jesus, he promises that our lives will be changed.  We'll find the hope for which we've been searching in the only Higher Power, Jesus Christ.  His Spirit will come with supernatural power and move into our hearts."

Matthew 17:20 (NIV) "He replied, 'Because you have so little faith.  I tell yout he truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you.'"

God Bless You

No comments:

Post a Comment