Saturday, March 3, 2012

two days

whoops, I missed yesterday - I actually wasn't home at all yesterday, I stayed at a friend's on Thursday night and then a sister's last night... So, you get two pictures today.




2/7/2011

Watching the Packers win the Super Bowl
St. Charles Church Avenue apartment

This picture is from my phone and is very special to me because it was the picture for when he called - this is the picture I saw every morning at 7:05 when he called after work when I was on the way to work.  This is his posed smile, when he would lift only one side of it.  My handsome husband.






8.21.2010

we had been engaged just over 2 weeks

we are on highway 14 i think near stockton in this picture, heading from St. Charles to Winona

- I just decided to snap a picture.  I wish I remembered what we were actually heading to town for, but I don't - I just remember being with him in the Jeep, and now I have only the Jeep and memories - oh how I miss him so.




I found a new devotional in addition to my others, written by Laura Story, based off of her song "Blessings," that I have shared before.. It is really neat.  She has us ponder on "When God allows something in our lives, for better or for worse, do we stop to ask, 'How might I use this blessing to bring glory to God?'"  Even though we are experiencing tough times right now, we still have blessings to count and blessings to share.  I count my blessings each day - even though I expected to grow old with Joe and I miss him so deeply, I am thankful that I was able to have almost 6 great years with him, and that we were able to conceive right away... (I think I have said that before, sorry if I am repeating myself, but it is so true.)

Psalm 34:18; 147:3 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.  He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds."
Sweet Pea is now the size of an acorn squash!  Her energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath her skin. And since she's growing so fast (weight will triple by birth), things are getting kind of cramped in the womb. What all this means for me: Get ready for some more kicks and jabs to the ribs. ............. lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment