Thursday, March 29, 2012

repeat

2.10.11  +  Church Street Apartment 
He is munching on something, coming in to give me my goodbye kiss for the night, before he leaves for work.  Oh how I miss those kisses.  one on the cheek, one on the forehead, one on the lips - and perhaps, repeat.  His face looks really red, not sure why - weird.  One thing we were looking forward to doing together, and as a family, was weekend road trips - sightseeing from the book Weird Wisconsin, or traveling up into Northern Minnesota, or down into Iowa.  Sweet Pea and I will be doing that now - I wonder how early we can start?  perhaps this summer?  It would be fun to have pictures of her at Lambeau Field just months old - where mommy and daddy were on their honeymoon just a year earlier.  we will see :)  l u joe...


For today's scripture, I'm going to share a piece from the Old Testament, and then where this is fulfilled in the New Testament - it is super neat to read what was prophesied in the Old Testament and then read where it comes true in the New Testament.
We will study a prophecy made by Isaiah.

Isaiah 61:1-3 - prophecy -
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.  He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed.  He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord's favor has come, and with it, the day of God's anger against their enemies.  To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair.  In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory.
Luke 4:16-21 - fulfillment -
When he came to the village of Nazareth, his boyhood home, he went as usual to the synagogue on the Sabbath and stood up to read the Scriptures.  The scroll of Isaiah the prophet was handed to him.  He unrolled the scroll and found the place where this was written:
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor.  He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the Lord's favor has come."
He rolled up the scroll, handed it back to the attendant, and sat down.  All eyes in the synagogue looked at him intently.  Then he began to speak to them.  "The Scripture you've just heard has been fulfilled this very day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment