Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

the verse of the day was given to me by a friend that is a new believer, inscribed on a little cross - I think it is a beautiful verse, and I tell God this often.
Psalm 119:105
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
How can I get up each day and continue on with life? because of the words God has given us in the Bible.  the promises are especially wonderful.

 Happy St. Patrick's Day!

These are from last year, March 12 - crazy to see that we had our winter coats on.  Anyways, there was, of course, a shelf of St. Patrick's Day fun stuff at ShopKo.  This was as far as we went, putting it on each for a picture, we didn't purchase it though - "Just something else to lay around," Joe would say.  And you can see, he wasn't even that thrilled about getting his picture taken in the hat.. hahah.  I want to take a moment to talk about the coat he is wearing too.  It is real nice, down filled, I think it may be St. John's Bay brand.  Anyways, he loved it, it was his good winter coat (besides his snowmobile one), he and my mom had both patched a couple cigarette burn holes in it a couple times, and when I started to get big this winter, it was the most comfortable coat around.  However, he hated how I looked in it.  I love that he had an opinion, and didn't just let me even though he thought I looked like a big puff ball.  And, of course, I wanted to be the wife he wanted to show off, not that he was embarrassed of.  So, one day I wanted to put it on, and I was like, "Where is that coat??" and he simply said, "I put it away! You don't need to wear it!"  It is still in the closet where he put it, but I assure you, I will wear it again some day. 
A reader today told me that she is unsure if she has even as many pictures of her and her husband as I have posted thus far, and they have been married at least 25 years.  That makes me sad - take pictures, people!!!  I treasure all of these pictures that I have, and regret letting one of my students borrow my camera for yearbook class this fall, so I am missing pictures from October on... 

Church @ Pleasant Valley tomorrow, 9 or 10:45 - I will be at the 10:45! Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment