Friday, March 30, 2012

sneaky

4.16.2011  |  Mankato MN
These brothers loved to sing together!  We were in Mankato for Katie's birthday and snuck out for some sibling time.  Cari and I were rooting our boys on.  Not sure what they were singing - Kev, do you remember?  The only specific I remember is when I tried to sing "What's Up" (4 Non Blondes) but broke out in tears so Joe came up to help me finish.  (My dad proclaimed that our "family song" and we had lost him less than a month before this picture.)  When Joe and I started dating in 2006, he hated karaoke - then, he fell in love with it - then, he got others to fall in love with it... there are many of his friends (and family) that sing now that didn't sing before... l u joe.

It is going to be a great night at Celebrate Recovery.  We have a special guest, Cody James, coming to give his testimony and give a concert.  Free meal at 6, fun begins at 7!

How much does God love you? me? him? her?
Ephesians 1:4-8
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.  God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ.  This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.  So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son.  He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.  He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that was a fun night but I also remember kinda hard as well. We were so glad you guys made the trip that weekend and we were able to spend some adult time out with you guys. Not even sure what they were singing at this point...Tom Petty perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one thing I wish I had done with you both. Or at least experienced. I love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty sure we were singing American girl by Petty!

    ReplyDelete