Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Checkers

June 19 2011 | Checkers in WI Rapids
Here is another honeymoon picture - one of our very first meals as husband and wife, lunch (in the car) from Checkers in Wisconsin Rapids.  This was our first, and only, meal from a Checkers.  We considered eating outside, but it was so cold!! How disappointing!  We felt silly taking this picture, since there were other customers around us, but I'm sure glad we did.  Look at his truly happy smile, how comforting :-)  We began our honeymoon leaving our hotel in Black River Falls and headed to Green Bay for our first night - this was a stop on the way. 

Sweet Pea and I finally cracked open the Prenatal Yoga DVD I bought in November or December - it felt nice, and took away some back pain I have been having.  When I lie very still I can see her moving in my stomach.  Not a defined limb or anything, just my stomach bouncing around from her moving.  I can't wait to meet her, hold her, and teach her.  She is already spoiled, and at the end of this month we will have had 3 showers!  I am definitely going to need some major organizational and simplifying help.  Joe was great at that - he didn't think I needed half of the stuff that I have!  Now to have the courage to get rid - I'm sort of like a hoarder in that sense - but, we are having our spring family garage sale the weekend after Easter, so I'm looking forward to preparing my home for my baby and a simple, de-cluttered life.

I spent most of yesterday in hiding.  I took care of the kids in the morning, went to urgent care, then slept most of the afternoon and night.  I was feeling really down, sad, and just plain icky.  Today, I got up, did the yoga, and showered (yeah, that is actually a feat for me).  It may partly be because of the sun, but I am much more refreshed today.  It also has to do with having my time with God this morning, in his Word and in prayer.  I did a bit of organizing and bill paying, but still need to go to the bank... well, that could always wait until tomorrow ;-)

Mark 10:27 again reminds me of how life works, and why I can't live life without a close relationship with God: Jesus looked at them intently and said, Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment