Thursday, March 15, 2012

the man and his mob

wow i'm tired. phew! this may be a tired from sleeping too much, or is it normal to be so so very tired since i am almost 31 weeks preggo?

anyhow, got to spend some unexpected time with the kiddos today, was walking towards the check out at  wal-mart with my basket of cereal, cookies, and (of course) a onesie, when i heard wesley's precious voice, "MANDA!"  so, i walked around the store for a bit with them before leaving.

had a great time at the Hebrews Bible study tonight too.  i haven't shared from Jesus Calling in a while, so that is what you get tonight.  remember the author writes these devotionals as Jesus is speaking to us... "There is immense hidden treasure to be found through listening to Me.  Though I pour out blessings upon you always, some of My richest blessings have to be actively sought.  I love to reveal Myself to you, and your seeking heart opens you up to receive more of My disclosure.  Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."  From yesterday, "It is through spending time with Me that you realize how wide and long and high and deep is My Love for you."  It stinks that it took losing the two most important men in my life to realize this, but even through tragedy and unexpected (hated) life changes, I can feel God's love.  Strange, but when we go through crap like this (trials, if you will), we are brought closer to God.  From the day before yesterday, "As you sit quietly in My Presence, I shine Peace into your troubled mind and heart.  Little by little, you are freed from earthly shackles and lifted up above your circumstances.  Rest in My Presence, receiving Joy that no one can take away from you."

Matthew 7:7: "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you."
Ephesians 3:17-19: "Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."
John 16:33: "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
John 16:22: "So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy."

I love this picture.  First of all, Joe is absolutely gorgeous - and it means so much to me that he did his hair just for me - he left his beard and gelled his hair! :-)  I found those sunglasses too, thankfully - I was hoping they would turn up.  Second, it is like "the man and his mob" His best man and two of his groomsmen (the third must have been tending to his children :-)). oh, how i wish i could feel that beard scratch my face again, or even shave his neck!  i hated that job, but i would give almost anything to do that right now.  ladies, if your husband asks you to do things you don't particularly care for, do it with love - he trusts you enough to ask you to do it, and you will cherish those memories.  i often had to wash his neck too - working at RTP he got so dirty, and it was hard for him to get all the way around his neck.  it may be two months past already, but i still can't believe he is gone... i miss him so so very much.  and the 21st will be one year since my dad's passing, so it is doubling up on me right now, plus with pregnancy hormones... well, i'm sure you can just imagine what i look like right now as i am typing this.

Good Night and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment