Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19th

March 19, 2011  |  the last day i spent with my dad (the greatest man i ever knew)  |  Spur Lane
In this picture is my dad, Joe, and Joe's dad.  Joe and I were in the midst of moving into the last house on Spur Lane, about to become neighbors to the greatest couple I ever knew (my parents).  You can see some furniture in the back of Joe's dad's truck, and we must have just gotten done unloading that trailer and they were putting the walls back on.  Last year, the 19th was on Saturday.  I remember we worked all day, and that night, mom and dad went to let a sister's dog out.  Joe and I left to go to Buffalo City, and I never saw my dad alive again.

Although the world is incredibly tough to live in (which reminds us that this is not our home), we are told in Hebrews 1:12: "But you'll stay the same, year after year; you'll never fade, you'll never wear out." (The Message)  Of course the "you" is God.  Everything we go through, God is right by our side ready to help us heal. 

Have a good day, God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment