Thursday, May 10, 2012

rescheduled

August 2011 > Bowman's garage > Wyatt's bicycle
I look at this picture and fall in love all over again... those legs (I loved his knees), those feet (he had amazing toes), those arms, those hands, that face, that hair, that heart............. I wish he didn't have a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other, but that is how most of his friends probably remember him the most.  I was supposed to meet with one of the doctors today, but when I got there the receptionist had an, 'oh i'm so sorry i have to tell you this' look on her face - the doctor had gotten called to the hospital for births, and he was the only one in - and there is no one in tomorrow, so we are rescheduled for Monday.  We did, though, get to see a great nurse.  We talked, she checked my blood pressure (fine) and urine (fine) and listened to Sweet Pea's heart beat (great).  So, I don't know if I have done any thinning or dialating, but we will see on Monday (unless, of course, she doesn't want to wait out the weekend:)).  Tomorrow I am having the first prenatal visit with my doula, I'm looking forward to that.  I chose to work with her because I think I'm going to need as much support as possible - this is going to be such a bittersweet time.  lu & mu joe

Another Biblical lesson on parenting (in fact, Cindy included this in her devotional for me at my shower):
Deuteronomy 6:5-7
And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment