Wednesday, May 16, 2012

3 days

Halloween 2011 - our first (and only together) Halloween at our house!  Now, all you can see of Joe is his foot, but we finally carved pumpkins - I think every year we said we were going to but never did.  We bought them but never got to carving, I'm sure glad we did this time.  I tried to get too complicated with carving 'boo', while he did a traditional face, which looked so much better.  He was better than me at most things.  Hopefully our daughter gets that from him!  This was also the first time that we handed out candy, another 'milestone' I'm glad we got to do together.  lu & mu joe.
Sweet Pea isn't giving me any signals that she is getting ready to come out yet, but I hear that it can happen quickly - from nothing to something and then more and more when you are not expecting it.  I have plans for my due date (a baby shower, ironically enough) and for Sunday.  If nothing happens over the weekend, I'm going to get come accupressure points pressurized hopefully Monday, which could help the contractions come.  I will also walk and walk hard to try to get them to come on.  I haven't done much activity thus far, and especially now, I want to be as rested as possible, but I think I'd like to do some heavy walking so I can see my baby sooner.  I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow, I hope something has happened!

Jesus Calling from the 14th:

I am a mighty God. Nothing is too difficult for Me.  I have chosen to use weak ones like you to accomplish My purposes.  Your weakness is designed to open you up to My Power.  Therefore, do not fear your limitations or measure the day's demands against your strength.  What I require of you is to stay connected to Me, living in trusting dependence on My limitless resources.  When you face unexpected demands, there is no need to panic.  Remember that I am with you.  Talk with Me, and listen while I talk you through each challenging situation.

I am not a careless God.  When I allow difficulties to come into your life, I equip you fully to handle them.  Relax in My Presence, trusting My Strength.

Luke 1:37
For nothing is impossible with God.

2 Corinthians 12:9
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

I am very weak and so thankful that I have such a mighty God.  His power and strength are working wonders in my healing and recovery... As well as my thoughts surrounding labor and delivery. 
How do you handle unexpected demands and difficulties in your life?

1 comment:

  1. So exciting that you're almost there! I went 2 weeks overdue and tried everything- spicy food, accupressure, walking... I even took cod liver oil. Nothing worked. Babies are stubborn and won't come until their good and ready sometimes :) I hope you go quicker, but don't get discouraged as the days pass!

    ReplyDelete