Saturday, May 12, 2012

micah

August 4, 2007  .   Heather & Pete Hovey's wedding

Here we had been together just a little over a year.  Joe looks so young, still a little punk - haha... I guess, he was almost 24, and I almost 25... It was over 4 years ago, so it makes sense that he looks young.  This is one of the things that makes me angry with my life situation is seeing how much he had grown up from when we met until his final day.  I can see it in his face and I saw it in his actions... He got married, bought a house, and was about to have a baby... Those are some big milestones.  I'm glad I got to experience them with him, but it makes it all the more painful that he had changed so much, for the better, and was strating a family - ready to really change his life.  But, as I have said before, it was all part of God's plan - I don't know why and am not going to try to figure out why... All I know is that I know who I have to rely on and put my hope and trust in. 

Micah 7:7
As for me, I look to the Lord for help.
I wait confidently for God to save me,
and my God will certainly hear me.

I got to witness a new friend make a public statement of his faith in baptism this afternoon, that was pretty amazing.  The above verse is one that he shared as being very meaningful to him.  I, too, think it is great and describes how I need to live (and I'm trying).

At last, my baby is ready for the world.  She is better looking than ever, now that her facial features are fully formed, her eyes are open, and her ears stick out from her head (could be good or bad - ha!).  She may have a full head of hair; however, even though both Joe and I have dark hair, she may come out with lighter than light peach fuzz - we will just wait and see.  Her body has grown to catch up with her head (phew!).  Only one week until the estimated due date - God will bring her when He knows we are both good and ready! :-)  I am sincerely not looking forward to labor and delivery, but I cannot wait to hold her!

No comments:

Post a Comment