Tuesday, May 15, 2012

4 days

a passionate kiss on our wedding night.
mu & lu sooooooooo much joe

so last night was my breast-feeding class.  as i walked out of the hospital, i mistakenly let a couple walk out in front of me - bad idea.  as they grasped hands and walked hand in hand to their vehicle, tears streamed down my face.  deep breath...

the class itself was fine though.

there was a little scare at my appointment yesterday, as the doctor had reason to believe i may be in the early stages of developing preeclampsia - had some blood tests, but they came back normal.  i have another appointment on thursday - i hope i have some progress by then, i am ready to start this labor process and get to being a momma!

Jesus Calling devotional for today:
Spending time alone with Me is essential for your well-being.  It is not a luxury or an option; it is a necessity.  Therefore, do not feel guilty about taking time to be with Me.  Remember that Satan is the accuser of believers.  He delights in heaping guilt feelings upon you, especially when you are enjoying My Presence.  When you feel Satan's arrows of accusation, you are probably on the right track.  Use your shield of faith to protect yourself from him.  Talk with Me about what you are experiencing, and ask Me to show you the way forward.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Come near to me, and I will come near to you.

Ephesians 6:16
In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.

James 4:7-8
So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.


Psalm 127:3
Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.






Father, thank you for placing a child in my womb.  You didn't have to give me a baby; You just chose to bless me.  Please forgive me for grumbling and complaining.  May I delight in this call on my life, and remember that all the changes in my body are working towards a much greater good - supporting the life of my baby.  What a small price to pay for such a tremendous gift!
Amen.

(from Expecting Joy)


No comments:

Post a Comment