Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

wedding dance, nuf said.
today marks four months since i lost my love and it is also six days from the due date of our baby.
i'm getting nervous for the hours of labor, and the single parenting, but i am excited to be a mother.

Today in church we learned about three types of mothers -
Mothers who budge.
Mark 10:13-16
One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him.
When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.” Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them.
I will strive to do whatever it takes to get my daughter around Jesus and be immersed in a life living for the Lord.

Mothers who pray.
Matthew 20:20-21
Then the mother of James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Jesus with her sons. She knelt respectfully to ask a favor. “What is your request?” he asked.
She replied, “In your Kingdom, please let my two sons sit in places of honor next to you, one on your right and the other on your left.”
James 5:16
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
I will boldly pray to Jesus about and for my daughter.

Mothers who remember.
Romans 16:13
Greet Rufus, whom the Lord picked out to be his very own; and also his dear mother, who has been a mother to me.
I will remember what the Lord has done for me and my daughter, and her father.  I will share these with her and others.

I am sure that many of you have heard the 'love' verses in 1 Corinthians - recited at many weddings.  Today Pastor Chad put a good thought into our heads, exchange the word 'love' with 'Jesus'> which is truly what it means anyways - none of us can love like this.. like He loves.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Jesus is patient, Jesus is kind. He does not envy, He does not boast, He is not proud.  He does not dishonor others, He is not self-seeking,  He is not easily angered,  He keeps no record of wrongs.  Jesus does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


No comments:

Post a Comment