Friday, January 27, 2012

strength

lately many people have been telling me that I am such a strong, wonderful woman ...

This is not me alone - this strength comes from God.  Imagine - 5 months pregnant and losing your husband (best friend, lover, left arm, lovebird, your everything) of almost 7 months in a tragic accident (10 months after losing your dad to suicide (which was 3 months before your wedding))  .... C'mon people - If I didn't have God I would be a constant puddle of tears unable to get out of bed, unable to eat, unable to care for myself and our child in my womb... heck, I would probably be in the psych ward by now.

So, thank you for noticing the strength - but please know, it is not me.  The strength and peace we get from God is unexplainable, so far beyond our human thoughts and abilities.  I am not saying it is easy, but God makes it easier than it could be.  If you want "some of what I'm having," let me know - I can hook you up.

4 comments:

  1. Double pack of Tums from Sams Club got me through pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just heard Strong Enough by Matthew West and thought of you and so checked your blog and here you're writing about strength! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, take it one day at a time <3

    ReplyDelete