Sunday, January 22, 2012

church

church was amazing today.

I go to PV in Winona, and the current series, which began the week before I lost Joe, is titled "Torn" and is regarding how to make it through the trials we will have in life.

There is no pit so deep that God is unable to get even deeper and pull me out.

two amazing songs today were "Blessings" by Laura Story and "You Never Let Go of Me" by Beth and Matt Redman

Trials are so, so unbelievably difficult - but in 1 Peter 4 & 5, we are given some instructions...
Guard your behaviors, grace your relationships, give away your gifts, and glorify God.
Don't be surprised, rejoice, remember you are blessed, don't be ashamed, examine yourself, entrust yourself to God, humble yourself, cast all your anxiety upon Him, and be sober in spirit and resist the devil.
The bottom line... when you have grown through the trial, God will perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. (1 Peter 5:10)
(Credit to Pastor Rick Iglesias at Pleasant Valley Church).

As hard as it is to go through trials in life, especially tragically losing my husband while pregnant with our child, only 10 months after tragically losing my father... these "instructions" for how to handle trials are very helpful.  If it were not for God and his word I would be a puddle of tears in bed 24/7.  Joe has given me many gifts in our short time together, with the tremendous gift of life, having his child... Spending time with God has helped me remember all of my blessings and things I have to be thankful for.

I am not alone.

1 comment:

  1. You're right...you're not alone. You are so strong and I am very happy to see you leaning on Christ. I think of you every day and you're still in my payers.

    ReplyDelete