Friday, June 7, 2013

simple.

it's been a while!
i hope to give updates more frequently.
in addition to djoe updates and insights from God's Word, I will update you on my new endeavor to simplify my life!

so, on wednesday, i lost the job i thought i'd have until retirement.  i started it in january, and loved it..  i was completely blindsided on wednesday, being told that it isn't the "right fit" ... my work was "exemplary", but i wasn't the "right fit" ... what does that mean?

with that being said .... I KNOW WHO GOES BEFORE ME, I KNOW WHO STANDS BEHIND... THE GOD OF ANGEL ARMIES IS ALWAYS BY MY SIDE... we sang that song at CR tonight... listen to the whole song here!

i'm not worried.  yes, i'm upset because it was such a shock, but i'm holding God to his promises, and look forward to what he has planned for me next!

Psalm 31:3 states "Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me."  That is my prayer right now.  I do not want to make any quick decisions before truly listening to what God wants me to do.

Will you pray with me?

Simplicity:
a simple life frees up time for things that matter
less stuff is better than more stuff

less stress
slow down
i am going to be getting rid of "stuff" and not allowing any new "stuff" come into our home - except for necessities, food, toiletries, etc.  we do not need anything.  yes, there are wants, but wants complicate life.  "stuff" creates chaos.  i don't want djoe growing up in a world with chaos. i don't want to live in a world of chaos.

i'm excited to get simple.


1 comment:

  1. I love your outlook on this...I'll be praying with you!

    ReplyDelete