Tuesday, October 16, 2012

MEA

So, here in Minnesota there are two days where the public K-12 schools are out and there is an education convention in Minneapolis/St. Paul.  As a teacher, I have always had these two days off, which looked like a great time for a minivacation (even though, as a teacher, I should have gone to the convention).  So, since Joe worked third shift, he would take Thursday night, and sometimes Sunday night, off, so we could go away.  MEA vacation spots for us included Wisconsin Dells, Prairie du Chein, and Virginia... We had 6 MEA weekends together, but I don't think we did anything during our first one - so that makes 5 but I can only remember 3 places... hmmm, I hope the other comes to me.  We had other minivacations but I'm having a hard time pinpointing which were which at this very moment.  I'll have to check my photos!  So, blessed by God, I have to work on the Friday of MEA - I will have a few hours with the preschoolers... and Thursday, DJoe and I are spending some time with Madi + I'm getting a massage.  Then on Saturday, my sister Peggy is getting married.... So, God has blessed me with having my first MEA without Joe being a weekend filled with doings.  Saturday is also my friend Brandi's bachelorette party, so I may end up there later ... Then Sunday is my birthday, so that might actually be a little hard, but I'm getting to see Megan, whom I haven't seen since January!  I'm super excited.  Her, Amy, and I are going to have breakfast before they head home.  Anyways, my anticipatory anxiety is always worse than the real thing.... But, it is a hard time of year for me because we always did something special, just the two of us on this long weekend.

Here are two photos from the MEA weekend we went to visit Megan in Virginia...


This past Sunday was the 2nd annual memorial ride for my dad... This picture is from the one last year... Oh, how I wish that is how we rode this year too... Instead, I drove my Compass with Andrea in the passenger seat and my mom and DJoe in the back.


No comments:

Post a Comment