Sunday, June 17, 2012

eyelashes!

sweet pea has had a very eventful first month of life!

This week included...

 her first time watching Wes & Madi's swimming lessons:














her first Steamboat Days kiddie parade:

her first wedding: 
i love my new outfit and can't wait to dance the night away!




having some love time with mommy




















her first Steamboat Days parade:

her first game of rock paper scissors:

It also included her first Father's Day without her daddy.  We were going to drive his Jeep today, but it is dead :-(  We spent some time out at his grave and grandpa's grave... I miss them both so very much, and keep thinking about how proud they would be of our little sweet pea.

My number one job right now is parenting.  And for me, it is the role of both mother and father - perhaps the hardest job there is?  In 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12, the Apostle Paul describes three characteristics of a Christian father:  "For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory."  Fathers are to be encouraging, comforting, and exhorting.  Now, I am not her father, and this of course doesn't only apply to fathers, but I am going to pray that I apply this to our lives.  When DakotaJoe is tempted to give up, I will encourage her to keep going.  When DakotaJoe is carrying a burden, I will give her comfort that helps her carry the burden, grief, or pain - aiming to lighten and lessen her burden.  There will also be tough times when I will need to move from DakotaJoe's side to stand squarely in front of her and confront her with something she needs to face.



Last year at this very moment, June 17 2011, we were in Black River Falls preparing for our wedding.  I was in a room with the girls and Joe was with his family - he tried so hard to see me that night, but no one would let him... we wanted that moment when i began walking down the aisle the next day to be very precious - and that it was.  Wes and Madi are going to come over tomorrow to help me eat our wedding cake - since we saved it to eat together on our first anniversary.

Forever My Love

No comments:

Post a Comment